Wardrobe of Eunuchs

L'histoire de Moi

Thursday, July 15, 2004

UH OH, HERE COMES A HIATUS, YOU'D BETTER SLOW DOWN
 
Can you believe the title kind of goes with the subject? (Stressing intensely on the words KIND and OF. ) I've recently received news that I do indeed have a mural painting job for a new daycare my sister is making, so I will be gone for maybe 2 weeks, with no internet! Oh God, how is one to survive? I'm just kidding....(looks around suspiciously)... (PS- Wish me luck on tennis try-outs; hopefully I'll get Varsity!)
 
God...I've just come to the realization that this is the last year I'll be living with my twin brother. How strange it will be to not have my other half around...We were apart once for a little under a year, and that was a very long time ago, so I don't quite remember how it felt. I remember missing him intensely, but also taking in the simple pleasures of being an only child. I'm not sure how I'll manage, whether I will miss him too much, or be surprised by not missing him at all. Hopefully, it will be somewhere in the middle.
 
I also recently talked to a childhood friend- best friend, actually. I was afraid that we'd strayed too far down different directions, and had changed personages too drastically, that we would not be able to have any sort of bond as we use to. However, when I talked to him, he seemed like the same old guy. I was afraid, as well, that he would run off in some kind of internet lingo that I wouldn't understand, but he didn't go too far with that. He even capitalized his Is, which is more than I can say about most. He gave me his e-mail and his home address, so hopefully we'll keep in contact. Some of my fondest, well, most of my fondest childhood memories were times spent with him. He was so great, and even when I could only visit a few times out of the year, he'd play with me everyday.
 
Growing up...It feels so much like a slowly steepenning hill, and then you get to a curve, which is conveniently places so that you can't see the huge drop off after it. I just talked to one of my best friends, who's now getting married and wants me to be a bride's maid. It sure will be great to see everyone, but it seems as though childhood has slipped away from me. Actually, it seems like someone just pulled the rug from under my feet, and I've fallen flat on my face into adulthood. I don't know whether to gasp in pain or to laugh at myself. I think it would be wiser to choose the latter though. So many are so eager to grow up, but I'm just eager to live this very instant, and not have to worry about the past, or the future, or what I have to do to make the future roll out smoothly. So many people put too much time and effort into the future, or "correcting" the past, that they let the present fly right by them.
 
I don't want to do that.