Wardrobe of Eunuchs

L'histoire de Moi

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

CLOSING THE WARDROBE DOORS

Welp, it's come to that time that we all knew was inevitable. Housing the the Wardrobe of Eunuchs has been quite the experience for the these past 2 1/2 years. These little cabinets have watched me grow and mature from all sorts of little and big things...and now I feel that, unfortunately, this Wardrobe, as welcoming as it has been for me, no longer fits me. This is to say...goodbye to you Wardrobe, and thank you so much for always being here for me to turn to.

I feel like I've learned and gained so much in this past year I've been out of high school. My bonds with best friends have become tighter than I feel they've ever been, I learned how to find my own angle with each individual I meet, I've been blessed with a wonderful mentor and an unfaltering, faithful community that is the Orphan Foundation of America, I've experienced a little rise and fall in the entertainment industry, and not comes the time where I make the biggest leap of all: moving to Australia. Thus, I feel that in this move I do not have room enough to take the Wardrobe with me, so instead it will be stored in my and maybe a few others hearts forever, as I move on into some other part of the web.

Here are a few fun things before I go...

You Communicate With Your Eyes

When you say, "I'll believe it when I see it" - you really mean it.
For you, what you see is a lot more important than what you hear.
You don't take someone's words at face value. You judge people by their facial expressions, body language, and appearance.
You tend to be quiet, but when you talk, you tend to make eye contact and describe things in colorful detail.


You Are Austin

A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.
You're totally weird and very proud of it.
Artistic and freaky, you still seem to fit in... in your own strange way.

Famous Austin residents: Lance Armstrong, Sandra Bullock, Andy Roddick


So, now that I've everything out of the way regarding my trip to Australia...what are the aspirations I am closing these doors under? Let's start from greatest to least, respectively.

1. To enjoy my environment. No matter what happens, I always want to be able to enjoy where I am and the majority of people I'm around, even if it's only myself.
2. To be successful. I desire more than anything in my ambitions to succeed in my pursuits, whatever they may be. I want to act. I need to act. I will.
3. To find love. As fickle as it may be, I like to dedicate myself to things, and in this department, much as I've been involved, I haven't fully invested myself in a long time. I don't really feel like dating so much anymore as I would like to simply find something and stick with it. Marriage? I don't know about that one...but definantly something worth while, and NOT just on a materialistic level!
4. To travel. I love travelling; the most precious sence to me are my eyes--if I didn't have them I don't think I'd want to live. That being said, I love seeing new things, new places, being there in unchartered territory or where people conquered thousands of years ago...I hope, for a time, to live in Canada, Ireland, Scotland, and France at some point. Perhaps Germany as well.


Blah blah blah. I've also decided a name that I like best for a little boy. I decided it while I was vacationing with friends in Ocean Isle, North Carolina.

Preston Raleigh.