Wardrobe of Eunuchs

L'histoire de Moi

Thursday, March 25, 2004

ON THE TOP OF MOUNT OLYMPUS STANDS THE RIZ

Wow. Accomplishment is a great feeling. Too bad not everyone gets to feel it. I'm mean real, full-blown accomplishment.

I just wrote an excessively long letter to one of my best friends (my apologies for that), whom of which I haven't written in nearly three months. Three. Whole. Months. That's one fourth of a year. I can't believe I've made it this long without her neverending support, love, and motivation.

Within the letter was somewhat of a breakdown of what has gone on for me the past few months, including that one fateful night. Also within the letter was a list of what I've realized to be what's most important to me, and what I want to be. Though I'd written these things down before, it felt as though I was once again re-establishing what the most vital elements are in my life. I guess writing it down again, and to someone else, blew off the dust of a book bought just recently, and the owner is getting ready to read it. I also realized that, when looking back at the things I wanted to become, I'd indeed achieved those goal, and the things that were most important to me I'm closely involved with now.

Lately I've began focusing on my academics more and, to tell you the truth, is hasn't been as painful as I thought it'd be. I've been getting good grades, actually DOING homework, and getting it done, most of the time, in school. Along side of that, I've been reviewing a variety of undergraduate catalogues from the colleges of my choice. I've also been searching vigorously for scholarships, most of which are due by the end or April, so I'm hoping I can pull my isht together rather quickly. It's not that I've been living my life for other people, or that this is what's been important to me all along. It's just that, apparently, people change, and I suppose I'm becoming, in a way, more mature and responsible for the direction my life goes.

End quote.