Wardrobe of Eunuchs

L'histoire de Moi

Sunday, April 04, 2004

I RECOGNIZE THEE, COME FORTH FROM THE SHADOWS

The You and the I. Not in a thousand years would I have ever thought we'd be in the same sentence together, let alone exclusively.

It's sounds cliche to say I knew there was something about you from the first time I saw you. True, my eyes were as a newborn's when I came here. I knew no one, therefore I could have anything I wanted, so to speak. Still yet, this did not prepare me or make my eyes equipped enough to look apon a grace and bewitchery so distinguished as yours. Though you seemed evasive, there was something about you that was inticing and alluring. It was instant attraction, but I knew it would be in vein, for you were too beautiful; too timelessly beautiful for me to ever take the suggestion of there being an "us" seriously.

It was always there, in the back of my mind. At times it would have been so easy for me to just take you away with me, wherever away was, just so that I could make you happy. Surely if I could make you happy, then everything sinister would decipate, and the smile on your face would wash away any malace in the world for that split second. It was so tempting, yet at the same time so forbidden. The shoes I would have been so willing to wear were already being filled, whether it was a perfect fit or no. From the outside it seemed to be so, but was it?

I cannot be the one to say, but in the words of Robert Frost, "Nothing Gold Can Stay," this phrase justifying the OTHER one. You know of whom I speak. The mention of Him must seem immence to you, and makes you question what worth you really are. The relivance of his part, my friend, means far less than nothing. He is the past, and has no part in the present or future. He is merely part of a prelude, nothing less and nothing more. Do not fret that His character will come back to challange you, because it died in the first chapter. You, on the other hand, are very much alive in this unfinished novel.

You are the present, you are the future. Won't you make this book more interesting?